Monday, September 21, 2015

Meet the Party Planner

My name is Kami, and I discovered Trim Healthy Mama through a friend around the holidays of 2013 - 2014.  After getting married in the fall of 2011, I had gained 15 pounds in the first couple years of our marriage, and the scale was not budging (except to continue climbing).  I tried all sorts of diet plans and calorie counting, but nothing was working.  Enter THM.  It has been a life-changer!  I finally feel able to make wise decisions about what I am eating and how it will affect my goals for my body and overall health.  Thank you, Pearl and Serene!

That's not to say it is always easy.  My greatest struggle to staying on plan is when I am with family or friends, usually celebrating one of life's joyous occasions. 

     Birthday cake...     
          Fruity cocktails on the beach...     
               Thanksgiving Dinner...     
                    Christmas candy...

Sound familiar?  I always tell myself, "This only happens once a year, and I want to celebrate!"  I started to realize, however, that I was telling myself this all the time!  "Your little nephew is only going to turn two ONCE."  "Your little nephew is only going to turn three ONCE."  (Get the picture?)  I found it easy to cheat and go off plan more often than not, and all in the name of Family, Love, and Celebration.

 A baby shower I recently helped to co-host...
full to the brim with tempting off-plan choices!


Our family Easter brunch this year...
I don't even want to tell you what was on the menu!


Our annual Christmas Eve appetizers feast:
This year, I could have chosen an array of "S" foods,
such as meats, cheeses, nuts, etc.... But I will be honest
and say that I succumbed to temptation from the many
off-plan treats which you see pictured here.



If you share my struggles, welcome!  I hope that this blog encourages you to stay on plan, meet your goals, and ultimately use your body to glorify God your Creator who created celebration in the first place! 

If you are not like me, and find it easy to stay on plan, I hope this blog can be just one of many tools in your toolbox to help you discover fun, creative ways to celebrate in your life-long journey of health.

No comments:

Post a Comment